San Diego, Calif., Jun 24, 2014
WHAT: Matthew Peterson, Ph.D. — creator of the revolutionary ST Math software program used by more than 630,000 K-12 students across the United States — will participate in the NALEO 31st Annual Conference session on "Developing the Fundamentals: Technology in the Early Years." In this session, panelists will:
- present the most recent research findings on science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) in the early years;
- discuss early predictors of academic success; and
- provide recommendations on the role policymakers can play in developing programs and guidelines for integrating technology in America’s classrooms.
WHEN: Thursday, June 26, 2014; 2:30 – 4:00 p.m. PST
WHERE: Constellation A, 2nd Floor, at the Loews Coronado Bay Resort
4000 Coronado Bay Road | Coronado, CA 92118 | 619-424-4000
- Presenter: Matthew Peterson, Ph.D., co-founder, chief executive officer and senior scientist at MIND Research Institute
- Presenter: Kaveri Subrahmanyam, Ph.D., professor of psychology at California State University, Los Angeles
- Moderator: Sen. John M. Sapien of New Mexico, member of the NALEO board of directors
About the NALEO Annual Conference
The National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO) is the leadership organization of the nation’s more than 6,000 Latino elected and appointed officials. The NALEO Annual Conference has emerged as the preeminent forum for our nation’s leadership to engage with Latino officials and the millions of constituents NALEO members represent.
About MIND Research Institute
MIND Research Institute is an education nonprofit dedicated to ensuring that all students are mathematically equipped to solve the world’s most challenging problems. MIND Research’s distinctive visual approach to math and problem-solving is the basis of its innovative, research-proven ST Math programs for elementary and secondary schools. MIND’s programs currently reach over 630,000 students and 25,000 teachers in 2,050 schools in 35 states. For more information, visit www.mindresearch.net.
Download our corporate backgrounder here.