It's an exciting day for MIND Research Institute. This morning, we announced the launch of an all-new version of our flagship solution, ST Math®! And we couldn't have done it without the generous support, feedback, and enthusiasm of partners like you. Thank you for being part of this journey!
Those already familiar with the program know that ST Math uses spatial-temporal games to present math concepts visually for students in grades PreK–8. This patented approach leverages the brain’s innate spatial-temporal reasoning abilities to solve math problems and is based on 20 years of neuroscientific research.
ST Math also meets What Works Clearinghouse (WWC) quasi-experiment and ESSA Tier 2 requirements and has won numerous awards, most recently including two CODiE Awards in 2019 for Best Mathematics Instructional Solution for Grades PreK-8 and Best Overall Education Technology Solution.
So, how do you take an already amazing program and make it even more amazing? Let me tell you!The newest version of ST Math is responsive, works on the latest browser technologies (no more Flash!), and runs seamlessly across devices. Designed to deepen and extend engagement to maximize learning time, the update gives ST Math’s beloved mascot, JiJi, and all the puzzles and environments a fresh new look too.
Students will be able to track their logins, minutes played, and puzzles solved each week to improve accountability and intrinsic motivation. They'll have a more powerful learning experience leading to an even deeper understanding of math.
Administrators will have a more streamlined implementation focused on single sign-on and account provisioning, as well as new reporting tools that offer comprehensive student data to uncover insights and track student learning results.
And teachers will see improvements that help them implement the program with greater fidelity, integrate it with core curriculum more easily, and better support student learning. Key features for teachers in the new version include:
- A simplified user experience to get to improved student learning faster;
- A new assignments feature, allowing teachers to assign any ST Math objective to individual students, groups, or the whole class outside of their journey, providing increased flexibility to target student needs or align to classroom instruction;
- Redesigned progress reports and student detail information to more clearly present actionable data for informed instruction;
- The ability to see the progress of minutes played and puzzles completed during the current week, or as a median of all weeks to track engagement; and
- The ability to view comprehensive student detail, including a student’s entire history of usage and progress toward standards and objectives, as well as clear alerts for struggling students.
At MIND, we believe that every student has the potential to deeply understand and truly love math. We are so excited for you to experience this new version of our flagship program and see that a game really can change how students feel about math.
To learn more about the new version of ST Math, which is available for the 2020-2021 academic year, go to stmath.com/whats-new.
Want the latest from ST Math? Sign-up for our ST Math newsletter and be the first to hear about our offers and announcements.